Marinara is easy to make yet delicious sauce, goes well with wide variety of pasta, spaghetti. If you are like me who do not want to spend long time in the kitchen during weekdays after long day in the office, this is the perfect recipe.
There are different variations of Marinara sauce, the one I made is simple but delicious one.
- 2 packs of Italian chopped tomato, remember ITALIAN
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Dry Basil leaves
- Medium onion, 4 pieces chopped
- Garlic finely chopped
- Extra virgin Olive oil 2 table-spoons
- Salt and Pepper as required
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Heat Olive oil in a flat deep sauce pan, add chopped garlic and until it gets brown
- Add chopped onion and stir it until light brown
3. Add Chopped tomato, dry Basil and salt. Simmer it for 20 minutes in low heat.
4. Add green basil leaves and simmer it for next 5 minutes. This releases beautiful fresh herb flavour in the sauce
5. Add Pepper as required
I served sauce together with Pesto Ravioli
Alternately, Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on the top.
I prefer the sauce slightly thick so I used 2 packs of tomato, 390 grams each.
One thought on “How to make marinara sauce”
This is a grreat blog